Testing accommodations are specific to the needs of the student depending on his/her disability. The accommodation must be provided regardless of whether it is managed by the faculty member or the Office of Disability Services.
Faculty Administered Test Accommodations
Faculty who administer testing accommodations for their students should do so at a time and location that is mutually determined by the faculty member and the student as long as the student receives the accommodations outlined in their letter. Testing accommodations typically relate to the time limit and testing environment. Faculty should contact the Office of Disability Services with questions. Please be mindful that all testing accommodations, including a low distraction test environment, are relevant and should be provided in order to comply with disability law.
Disability Services Administered Test Accommodations
When the Office of Disability Services testing center is to be used, please follow the steps below:
- Complete the Disability Services Test Administration Form in full
- The student should meet with you and provide testing form.
- Complete the testing form in full.
- Return the completed form to the student. The student is responsible for submitting the completed form to Disability Services 5 days prior to the first test.
- At least 24 hours prior to the testing date, forward your test to Disability Services. When possible, send the test electronically to the Student Services Specialist or to email@example.com.
- Contact the Student Services Specialist if there are questions or concerns about the exam.
Every effort is made to schedule exams for the same date and time as the classroom exam. However, students may be scheduled for a different time if there are conflicts with their semester schedules. No student will be scheduled for a different date without instructor permission.
Rescheduling an Exam
If a testing date or time is modified, faculty should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 (three) working days prior to the change. If changes need to be made within less than 3 days, please contact ODS directly at 704-687-0040.