Campus Housing

The Office of Disability Services works with Housing and Residence Life to address accessibility in housing accommodations.

Students must first apply for Housing if you plan to live on campus. Visit Housing & Residence Life for more information.

If you need disability related housing accommodations, documentation of the disability must be submitted to the Office of Disability Services.  In addition to the disability documentation, the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum must be completed.
A counselor will review the documentation and an email regarding your eligibility will be sent to your UNC Charlotte address. If you are eligible for accommodations, Disability Services will make the appropriate recommendations to Housing and Residence Life to ensure accessibility.


All students who request any type of disability related accommodation must submit supporting documentation. Depending upon the nature of your disability, your treating physician or psychologist must complete the applicable Documentation Verification form. The Medical, Physical, and Psychological forms can be found on the Documentation page.

Disability related housing requests require both the Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.

These two documents must be completed by your doctor and submitted at the same time. Your eligibility for housing accommodations cannot be determined if Disability Services does not receive both completed documents. All disability specific information submitted to the Office of Disability Services is considered confidential and does not appear on transcripts.

Housing & Meal Plan Addendum (PDF)

adobe acrobat icon   

To view the addendum  you will need to install the free Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded from Adobe.


Documentation for housing or meal plan accommodations should be submitted to Disability Services as soon as possible as space is limited and demand for on-campus housing is high. Disability documentation for housing and meal plan requests should be received no later than one week prior to Housing’s Application deadline.


Disability related housing and meal plan accommodations must match the documented disability. Accommodations are based upon disability needs and not personal preferences.  The Office of Disability Services will not endorse requests for specific dorm preferences.

Accommodations may include, but are not limited to:

  • Wheelchair accessible housing
  • Housing located on lower floors
  • Housing equipped for students who are Deaf or hard of hearing
  • Housing equipped for students who are blind or low vision
  • Assistance with meal plans that address disability related dietary restrictions

Personal Care Attendant

If you plan to reside on campus and require the use of a Personal Care Attendant (PCA), please visit the PCA page.

Off Campus Housing

The Office of Disability Services does not provide housing accommodations for students residing off campus.

For more information about off campus housing resources, please visit the UNC Charlotte Off Campus Student Services webpage