Disability Documentation Forms

You are not required to notify the University of your disability either prior to or sunsequent to your admission; however, if you plan to request accommodations, you must register with the Office of Disability Services and provide current, relevant documentation of your disability. This is done by submitting the appropriate forms that will assist in determining eligibility for services.

Disability Documentation Form

Comprehensive medical, physical or psychological information should be provided by treating physician or psychologist.  Print out the disability documentation form linked below and provide it to your treating professional for completion.  Individuals who have a learning disability must provide a copy of the psychological testing supporting the diagnosis.  The report should include the results of the diagnostic tests, the tools used to make the determination, and the recommended accommodations.

Disability Documentation Form​ (PDF)

Can I Use My High School IEP or 504 Plan to Verify My Disability?

Disability Services does not accept IEPs or 504 Plans as verification for a disability. These educational plans may be helpful to you when discussing your accommodations, and you are welcomed to bring them as supplimental information for your initial registration appointment if you find them helpful.

Housing and Meal Plan Addendum Form

Students who have a disability that impacts housing or dietary needs should complete the additional addendum.  This information should be thorough and submitted once a decision is made to apply to campus housing.  Housing decisions related to disability cannot be made without proper documentation provided to the Office of Disability Services.   Due to limited housing options, students are strongly encouraged to provide documentation to Disability Services as soon as a decision to attend UNC Charlotte is made.

Housing and Meal Plan Addendum (PDF)

This form is to be used to address disabilities that result in functional limitations specific to a university residential environment, such as specific accommodations needed in the student's housing unit or related to severe food allergies. The form should be submitted in conjunction with the corresponding Medical, Physical, or Psychological form, which must document a disability.

Personal Attendant

Some students require a personal attendant for activities of daily living and to manage their disability while on campus.  Students are encouraged to contact the Office of Disability Services early if a personal care attendant will be used while on campus.  The student has the sole responsibility of obtaining and employing a personal care attendant. Proper planning and early notification are crucial components to making the transition to UNC Charlotte successful. It is important that the use of a personal care attendant be included on the documentation form submitted to the Office of Disability Services.  If a student plans to live on campus, the Housing and Residence Life Department will also need to be informed of the use of a personal care attendant and a process is required prior to giving the attendant access to a Residence Hall.  Early contact with Disability Services and Residence Life is essential to secure limited Housing.

To ensure that your personal attendant has access to your student housing, please review the following guidelines:Personal Attendant Access to Housing (PDF)

Submitting Completed Documentation

Completed disability documentation from the diagnostician or treating professional can be faxed to the Disability Services office at 704‑687‑1395, delivered to Fretwell 230, or mailed to:

UNC Charlotte
Office of Disability Services
9201 University City Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001

Students are strongly encouraged to make copies of any documentation that is submitted to our office for their own records.

Next Steps

Once documentation is received, a counselor will review the information and students will receive an email in regards to eligibility. This eligibility email will be sent to the student's UNC Charlotte email address.

Please contact our office at 704-687-0040 with any additional questions.