The Office of Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Through collaboration with the institution’s diverse community, Disability Services facilitates accommodations, discourse, and engagement to promote a universally accessible learning environment for all.
UNC Charlotte students who need accommodations should register with Disability Services.
To register with Disability Services (DS), students first need to submit appropriate disability documentation for review.
- Most students will need their treating health care provider to complete the Documentation Form.
- Students with learning disabilities will need to submit their most recent full-scale psycho-educational documentation supporting their diagnosis.
- Students requesting housing accommodations need their treating health care provider to complete both the Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.
Documentation may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- In person, by visiting DS in Fretwell 230
- By fax: 704-687-1395
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Office of Disability Services, Fretwell 230, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223
Access for Visitors and Students at Public Campus Events
Students or visitors to campus who need accommodations for a public campus event should contact Disability Services at 704-687-0040 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit UNC Charlotte's Accessibility website.
Happenings in Disability Services
- March 15: 2018 Scholarship Deadline! Apply through the NinerScholars Portal - learn more on our Scholarships Page
- April 3: Last day to have a Registration or Semester Check-In Appointment with DS for the Spring 2018 Semester
Happenings around Campus
- March 19: Last day to withdraw from course(s); grade subject to Withdrawal Policy
- March 30-31: Spring Weekend - No Classes
- May 1: Last Day of Classes for Spring 2018
- May 2: Reading Day
Disability Services Office Hours
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm | Fretwell 230