Disability Services New Online System for Students and Faculty
We are excited to offer a new online system for students, faculty, and volunteer note takers! The system is called DS Portal.
Click the DS Portal tab in the menu bar above for more information and links to the new system.
ATTENTION GRADUATING 49ers!
Are you participating in December 2018 commencement ceremonies?
Do you have any concerns with accessing the ceremony or navigating the basketball arena stairs?
If so, please contact Katie Montie at 704-687-0043 ASAP
The Office of Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Through collaboration with the institution’s diverse community, Disability Services facilitates accommodations, discourse, and engagement to promote a universally accessible learning environment for all.
- Nov. 14: Last day to Register or have a Semester Check-In with Disability Services for the Fall 2018 semester
- Nov. 20: DEADLINE EXTENDED!
- Last day to schedule your final exam(s) in Disability Services for Fall 2018
- Nov. 21-24: Thanksgiving Break - No Classes
- Dec. 5: Last Day of Classes Fall 2018
- Dec. 6: Reading Day Fall 2018
- Dec. 7-8 and Dec. 10-13: Final Exams
UNC Charlotte students who need accommodations should register with Disability Services.
To register with Disability Services (DS), students first need to submit appropriate disability documentation for review.
- Most students will need their treating health care provider to complete the Documentation Form.
- Students with learning disabilities will need to submit their most recent full-scale psycho-educational documentation supporting their diagnosis.
- Students requesting housing accommodations need their treating health care provider to complete both the Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.
Documentation may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- In person, by visiting DS in Fretwell 230
- By fax: 704-687-1395
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Office of Disability Services, Fretwell 230, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223
Access for Visitors and Students at Public Campus Events
Students or visitors to campus who need accommodations for a public campus event should contact Disability Services at 704-687-0040 or email@example.com. For more information, visit UNC Charlotte's Accessibility website.
Disability Services Office Hours
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm | Fretwell 230