You might qualify for one or more University scholarships for students with disabilities!
To apply, visit the NinerScholars Portal. Learn more about scholarships for students registered with Disability Services.
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Complete scholarship applications are due online by April 1, 2019!
Disability Services New Online System for Students and Faculty
We are excited to offer an online system for students, faculty, and volunteer note takers! The system is called DS Portal.
Click the DS Portal tab in the menu bar above for more information and links to the online system.
The Office of Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Through collaboration with the institution’s diverse community, Disability Services facilitates accommodations, discourse, and engagement to promote a universally accessible learning environment for all.
- March 19: Last day to withdraw from course(s); Grade subject to Withdrawal Policy
- April 1: Registration for Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 begins. For more information, visit Niner Central.
- April 10: Last day for a Registration or Check-In appointment with Disability Services for Spring 2019
- April 15: Last day to schedule your finals in the DS Test Center
- April 30: Last Day of Classes
- May 1: Reading Day
- May 2-4 and May 6-9: Final Exams
- May 10-11: Commencement
UNC Charlotte students who need accommodations should register with Disability Services. To register with Disability Services (DS), students first need to submit appropriate documentation of their disability for review.
- Most students will need their treating health care provider to complete the Disability Documentation Form.
- Students with learning disabilities will need to submit their most recent full-scale psycho-educational documentation supporting their diagnosis.
- Students requesting housing accommodations need their treating health care provider to complete both the Disability Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.
Contact Disability Services with any questions about documentation or registering for services: 704-687-0040 or email@example.com.
Documentation may be submitted in the following ways:
- In person, by visiting DS in Fretwell 230
- By fax: 704-687-1395
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Office of Disability Services, Fretwell 230, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223
Access for Visitors and Students at Public Campus Events
Students or visitors to campus who need accommodations for a public campus event should contact Disability Services at 704-687-0040 or email@example.com. For more information, visit UNC Charlotte's Accessibility website.
Disability Services Office Hours
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm | Fretwell 230