The Office of Disability Services is the campus office designated to determine reasonable accommodations for UNC Charlotte students with disabilities.
The Office of Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Through collaboration with the institution’s diverse community, Disability Services facilitates accommodations, discourse, and engagement to promote a universally accessible learning environment for all.
- June 29: First Day of Summer Second Half Term
- June 30: Last Day to Add or Drop a Summer Second Half Class with No Grade
- July 3-4: Holiday - University Closed
- July 30: Last day to Register with DS for Summer Second Half and Summer Full Term Accommodations
- August 3: Last Day of Classes for Summer Second Half and Summer Full Terms
- August 4-5: Final Exams for Summer Second Half and Summer Full
UNC Charlotte students who need accommodations should register with Disability Services. To register, students first need to submit appropriate documentation of their disability to our office for review.
- Most students need their treating health care provider to complete the Disability Documentation Form.
- Students with learning disabilities should submit the most recent full-scale psycho-educational evaluation supporting their diagnosis.
- Students requesting housing accommodations need their treating health care provider to complete both the Disability Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.
Visit our Documentation page to learn more.
Access for Visitors and Students at Public Campus Events
Students or visitors to campus who need accommodations for a public campus event should contact Disability Services at 704-687-0040 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit UNC Charlotte's Accessibility website.