The Office of Disability Services is the campus office designated to determine reasonable accommodations for UNC Charlotte students with disabilities.
The Office of Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Through collaboration with the institution’s diverse community, Disability Services facilitates accommodations, discourse, and engagement to promote a universally accessible learning environment for all.
- Sept 6: New Student Convocation
- Sept 7: First Day of Fall and Fall First-Half Semester Classes
- Sept 14: Last day to add/drop a course with no grade
- Oct 1: First day of in-person instruction
- Nov 3: Last day to withdraw from course(s); grade subject to Withdrawal Policy
- Nov 26-27: Thanksgiving Break; University Closed
- Dec 8: Deadline Extended --
- Last Day for a Registration or Check-In appointment with Disability Services for Fall 2020
- Dec 15: Last Day of Classes
- Dec 16: Reading Day
- Dec 17-19 and Dec 21-23: Final Exams
UNC Charlotte students who need accommodations first need to submit appropriate documentation of their disability to our office for review. The list below will help guide you:
- Most students need their treating health care provider to complete the Disability Documentation Form.
- Students with learning disabilities should submit the most recent full-scale psycho-educational evaluation supporting their diagnosis.
- Students requesting housing accommodations need their treating health care provider to complete both the Disability Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.
Access for Visitors and Students at Public Campus Events
Students or visitors to campus who need accommodations for a public campus event should contact Disability Services at 704-687-0040 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit UNC Charlotte's Accessibility website.