The Office of Disability Services is the campus office designated to determine reasonable accommodations for UNC Charlotte students with disabilities.
The Office of Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Through collaboration with the institution’s diverse community, Disability Services facilitates accommodations, discourse, and engagement to promote a universally accessible learning environment for all.
- January 18: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - University Closed
- January 20: First Day of Spring and Spring First-Half Semester Classes
- January 27: Last day to add/drop a course with no grade
- February 8-12: Spring Break; No Classes
- March 18: Last day to withdraw from course(s); grade subject to Withdrawal Policy
- April 12: Last Day for a Registration or Check-In appointment with Disability Services for Spring 2021
- DEADLINE EXTENDED! April 19: DS Test Center Final Exam Deadline
- Last day to schedule a final with Disability Services*
- *Only Finals that are administered in person on campus may be taken in the DS Test Center
- April 30: Day of Remembrance - No Classes
- May 5: Last Day of Classes
- May 6: Reading Day
- May 7-8 and May 10-13: Final Exams
UNC Charlotte students who need accommodations first need to submit appropriate documentation of their disability to our office for review. The list below will help guide you:
- Most students need their treating health care provider to complete the Disability Documentation Form.
- Students with learning disabilities should submit the most recent full-scale psycho-educational evaluation supporting their diagnosis.
- Students requesting housing accommodations need their treating health care provider to complete both the Disability Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.
Access for Visitors and Students at Public Campus Events
Students or visitors to campus who need accommodations for a public campus event should contact Disability Services at 704-687-0040 or email@example.com. For more information, visit UNC Charlotte's Accessibility website.