DS Portal: Online System for Students and Faculty
Disability Services provides an online system for students, faculty, and volunteer note takers. The system is called DS Portal.
Click the DS Portal tab in the menu bar above for more information and links to the online system.
The Office of Disability Services is the campus office designated to determine accommodations for UNC Charlotte students with diagnosed disabilities.
The Office of Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Through collaboration with the institution’s diverse community, Disability Services facilitates accommodations, discourse, and engagement to promote a universally accessible learning environment for all.
- August 19: New Student Convocation and First Day of FALL Evening Classes, starting at 5 PM
- August 20: First Day of FALL Daytime Classes, starting at 8 AM
- August 26:
- Last day to Add/Drop a course with No Grade
- Last day to submit a Grade Replacement Request
- September 2: Labor Day - No Classes; University Closed
- October 7-8: Fall Break - No Classes
- November 13: Last day for a Registration or Check-In appointment with Disability Services for Fall 2019
- November 15: DS Finals Deadline for Fall 2019
- November 27-30: Thanksgiving Break - No Classes
- University Closed Nov 28-29
- December 4: Last Day of Classes
- December 5: Reading Day
- December 6-12: Final Exams
UNC Charlotte students who need accommodations should register with Disability Services. To register with our office, students first need to submit appropriate documentation of their disability for review by DS staff.
- Most students will need their treating health care provider to complete the Disability Documentation Form.
- Students with learning disabilities need to submit their most recent full-scale psycho-educational evaluation supporting their diagnosis.
- Students requesting housing accommodations need their treating health care provider to complete both the Disability Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.
Contact Disability Services with questions about documentation or registering for services: 704-687-0040 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Documentation page to learn more.
Access for Visitors and Students at Public Campus Events
Students or visitors to campus who need accommodations for a public campus event should contact Disability Services at 704-687-0040 or email@example.com. For more information, visit UNC Charlotte's Accessibility website.
Disability Services Office Hours
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm | Fretwell 230