DS Portal: Online System
Disability Services provides the online DS Portal system for students, faculty, and volunteer note takers.
Click the DS Portal tab in the menu bar above for more information and links to the online system.
ATTENTION GRADUATING 49ERS!
Are you participating in commencement ceremonies?
Do you have any mobility concerns?
If so, please contact Katie Montie 704-687-0043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Disability Services is the campus office designated to determine reasonable accommodations for UNC Charlotte students with disabilities.
The Office of Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Through collaboration with the institution’s diverse community, Disability Services facilitates accommodations, discourse, and engagement to promote a universally accessible learning environment for all.
- November 13: Last day for a Registration or Check-In appointment with Disability Services for Fall 2019
- November 18: Deadline Extended! DS Finals Deadline for Fall 2019
- November 27-30: Thanksgiving Break - No Classes
- University Closed Nov 28-29
- December 4: Last Day of Classes
- December 5: Reading Day
- December 6-12: Final Exams
UNC Charlotte students who need accommodations should register with Disability Services. To register with our office, students first need to submit appropriate documentation of their disability for review by DS staff.
- Most students will need their treating health care provider to complete the Disability Documentation Form.
- Students with learning disabilities need to submit their most recent full-scale psycho-educational evaluation supporting their diagnosis.
- Students requesting housing accommodations need their treating health care provider to complete both the Disability Documentation Form and the Housing and Meal Plan Addendum.
Contact Disability Services with questions about documentation or registering for services: 704-687-0040 or email@example.com. Visit our Documentation page to learn more.
Access for Visitors and Students at Public Campus Events
Students or visitors to campus who need accommodations for a public campus event should contact Disability Services at 704-687-0040 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit UNC Charlotte's Accessibility website.
Disability Services Office Hours
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm | Fretwell 230