To promote social distancing, appointments with counselors continue to be virtual, by phone, email and Google Meet. To schedule, call 704-687-0040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may also contact their DS counselor directly. We look forward to connecting with you!
Submitting Your Disability Documentation
To submit documentation for review:
- Submit Online: Students new to Disability Services can submit documentation using the secure DS Student Portal, the preferred method for students who have a NinerNET Student ID number.
- Fax: 704-687-1395
- Email: email@example.com
Office of Disability Services
UNC Charlotte, Fretwell 230
9201 University City Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
Help Us Safeguard Your Information
DS Test Center
- The DS Test Center opens May 24, 2021, in conjunction with the first day of in-person instruction for Face-to-Face and Hybrid classes for summer first-half.
- Only tests that are administered in person on campus may be taken in the DS Test Center.
- All Online tests and exams will be administered Online by Faculty.
How Tests will be Administered for Online Courses
- All Online tests and final exams will be administered Online by faculty.
- Accommodations will apply in the Online environment.
- Assistive technology accommodations: Students who use assistive technology (screen readers, screen magnifiers, etc.) should have access to these technologies on their home computers.
- Students should communicate with faculty prior to any test to ensure accommodations are in place.
Class Notes Accommodation
When students who receive the "supplemental class notes" accommodation are enrolled in Online classes:
- Notes are applicable for Online classes that are Synchronous (specific meeting times) but not recorded.
- Asynchronous classes and Synchronous classes that are recorded will not need class notes.
DS Mask Policy
Disability Services will follow the face covering protocols outlined by the University for classrooms and teaching laboratories. Face coverings will be required in all parts of Disability Services, the DS Test Center, and any satellite locations of the DS Test Center. All students, faculty, staff, visitors and test-takers will be required to wear face coverings/masks regardless of vaccination status. Individuals who do not adhere to this policy will be asked to leave DS. If a student or employee refuses to leave DS after being dismissed, they will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct or Human Resources, as appropriate.
Extending Test Time in Canvas: Faculty Resources
Students who have extended time on tests will need extended time for Online tests.
- Canvas provides instructions on how to give extended test time to one or more students.
- Quiz availability dates still apply when moderating a quiz. Remember to adjust the Until date. If the Until date, specified in the quiz settings for the class, passes when students are taking a quiz with extended time, the quiz auto-submits even if the student's time extension has not expired.
- Visit CTL's FAQ page, "How do I extend the time for a student to take the quiz?" for step-by-step instructions.
Calculating Extended Time
- Extended time is based on the amount of time allowed all students, multiplied by the extended time accommodation.
Creating Accessible Online Materials: Faculty Resources
Niner Nation Cares
For the latest information on the University's return to campus plans, visit the Niner Nation Cares website.