There are several scholarships available to undergraduate students registered with the Office of Disability Services. They include the:
- Friends of UNC Charlotte Disability Services Scholarship
- Carol A. Douglas Endowed Scholarship for Disabled Students
- Kristian Champion Jeremy Lewis Scholarship (must have a physical disability since birth)
- Lions of the Piedmont Endowed Scholarship
Students can apply for these scholarships through the NinerScholars Portal. You may apply for all of the scholarships for which you are matched/eligible. Complete applications are due online by March 15, 2018! Applications are reviewed by a scholarship committee comprised of faculty and staff who work with students in a variety of settings.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Undergraduate student registered with the Office of Disability Services
- Cumulative GPA above 2.5
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid
- Two References
- Personal Statement/Essay
Scholarship winners are notified via email, typically by mid-June. Scholarships are awarded the following academic year at the beginning of the Fall semester.
Thank you to the Friends of Disability Services, the Carol Douglas Endowment, the Matthews Road Wolves Motorcycle Club, and the Lions of the Piedmont Endowment for their generous donations which make these scholarships possible!