DS Test Center Guidelines & Procedures: COVID-19 Response
As the University continues to adjust to the changes posed by COVID-19, Disability Services is committed to protecting the health and safety of the UNC Charlotte community. We will continue to address social distancing and make adjustments as needed. In response to University guidelines, we have instituted the following procedures for taking a test at the DS Test Center:
- The DS lobby has a maximum capacity of two visitors. Students will not be permitted to wait for long periods of time in the lobby. If capacity is reached, you will need to wait in the hallway outside DS.
- Upon entering Disability Services, use of hand sanitizer is required. Hand sanitizing pumps are available. If you need assistance, let us know.
- A face mask is required at all times in Disability Services and the DS Test Center, including individual testing rooms and any satellite rooms, such as those used during Final Exams.
- Food and/or drink are not allowed in the testing rooms due to the mandatory mask policy. Please leave all food/drink with your backpack in the cubby. If you have any concerns, please contact your counselor.
- After entry, you will be given an envelope with your test, a list of allowed testing materials, and your seat assignment. Seats are clearly numbered. Do not rearrange furniture and ensure that you limit contact with surrounding furniture and testing spaces.
- Your test time will begin when you enter the Test Center. Be on time. As always, if you arrive late, that time will be deducted from your total testing time so that you do not extend past your scheduled end time listed on your testing envelope. All clocks in the Test Center are checked to ensure correct times. It is YOUR responsibility to keep track of your time.
- Upon arriving at your seat, please remove your testing materials from the envelope and begin your exam.
- If you have questions during your test, please come to the lobby and alert DS Staff. We will contact the instructor via phone/email. We cannot guarantee that the instructor will respond in a timely manner. Please reach out to your instructor after the test if you have any unanswered questions or concerns. In addition, you can write any questions in the margins for the instructor.
- At the conclusion of your test, place all materials back in the envelope and exit your testing seat. If you borrowed a pencil, return it to the red pencil bin at the front desk so that it can be sanitized. Please return your envelope with all testing materials, including any scratch paper, to a DS staff member at the front desk before gathering your belongings from your cubby. Once the test materials are returned to staff at the front desk, they cannot be returned to you. Be sure that you have written your name, student ID number (if applicable), section number, etc. on your test. In addition, please ensure that all test pages/materials are included prior to submitting your envelope.
- An Exit Only door has been designated to reduce congestion in the lobby. Once you have turned in your completed test to staff at the front desk, you will gather your belongings and exit via this door. Please don’t linger at the cubbies.
If you have questions before or after your test, please email email@example.com.