Testing accommodations are specific to the student and based on documented needs. The accommodation must be provided regardless of whether it is managed by the faculty member or Disability Services.
Faculty-Administered Test Accommodations
Faculty who agree to administer testing accommodations for their students should do so at a time and location that is mutually determined between faculty and student. Faculty must ensure that the student receives the accommodations outlined in the Accommodation Letter in order to be in compliance. Testing accommodations often relate to the time limit and testing environment:
- Extended test time is calculated based on the amount of test time allotted for the whole class.
- If all students in the class are given additional time as a way to accommodate the student with a disability, faculty are still required to provide the student with their extended time accommodation on top of that.
Faculty should contact the Office of Disability Services with questions.
Students who qualify to use the DS Test Center schedule their tests via the DS Portal. This process notifies their professor a test request is waiting for approval. Faculty must log in to the DS Faculty Portal to approve the test and provide the proctoring requirements for proper test administration. Follow the steps below or visit our FAQs on how an instructor can use the DS Faculty Portal to approve a test request.
Approve the student's test request and enter proctoring details
When your student schedules a test in the DS Test Center, you will receive an email with a link to the DS Faculty Portal.
- Log in to review the request using your NinerNet username and password.
- Provide the test proctoring details (calculator allowed, type of calculator, notes allowed, etc.)
- Select a test submission method. This includes the option to upload your test to the secure DS Faculty Portal system.
- Select a test return method.
- Review the details and upload your test to the secure system, if applicable
- Submit the proctoring details by clicking on the "submit changes" button
Contact Disability Services with any questions or concerns
We advise students to schedule tests for the same date and time as the in-class test. However, extended time accommodations may mean the system pushed the test to another time to avoid conflict with other classes on the student's schedule. Because you review the test request first, no student will be scheduled for a different date without your approval.
Uploading Your Exam
- During the regular semester, you will be able to upload your test up to 4 hours prior to the test start time.
- During final exams the deadline to upload is 12 hours prior to the start of the exam time due to the volume of tests that must be printed.
Changing the Exam Date
You will be able to change the date of the exam in the DS Faculty Portal.
Canceling an Exam
Contact Disability Services for assistance with canceling an exam: email@example.com or 704-687-0040.
The DS Test Center is under video surveillance and computer activity is monitored. Students are expected to adhere to the CODE OF STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY (U.P. 406), and the CODE OF STUDENT ACADEMIC INTEGRITY (U.P. 407) at all times. Cell phones are not allowed in the DS Test Center nor in any DS satellite testing location, such as those used during final exams. Students found cheating or in violation of the cell phone policy will be reported to their instructor(s).