Transfer Students


The Office of Disability Services (DS) works with students who have transferred to UNC Charlotte from other educational institutions. We invite students considering UNC Charlotte to explore the services we provide.

Transfer students who are seeking accommodations for a documented disability must complete the following steps:

  1. Submit Documentation of Your Disability: Each college and university has processes regarding disability documentation and verification. Our office is unable to accept letters from other colleges and universities as disabilty documentation. Transfer students must submit current documentation from their treating physician or psychologist using the UNC Charlotte Office of Disability Services Documentation Form. The documentation form must be completed by the appropriate health care provider or diagnostician. Visit our  documentation page to access the required form. Documentation for a specific learning disability requires submission of a current psycho educational evaluation completed by a licensed psychologist.
  2. Allow Time for Your Documentation Review: Once you submit your documentation, a counselor will review it. The turn-around time is quick and should take 1-2 days, depending on when your documentation arrived. Once documentation is reviewed, you will receive a notification letter via your UNC Charlotte email indicating your eligibility.
  3. Schedule a Registration Appointment: If approved for services, you will need to schedule a registration appointment with one of our counselors. This meeting typically lasts an hour and allows time for you and the counselor to discuss your disability and appropriate accommodations. During the meeting, your DS counselor will discuss with you our online system, DS Portal, and give you access to the DS Student Portal. To schedule your registration appointment, call our main office at 704‑687‑0400.

Disability-related information is private and protected by FERPA. No information regarding your disability or accommodations is ever indicated on your transcripts. For questions about services or accommodations, contact Disability Services.

We look forward to working with you!

The following websites are dedicated to transfer students and offer helpful information: